Landscape gardening is the art of transforming a property or a place into a paradise. It helps an individual in creating his own oasis and comfort zone. There are certain principles which need to be followed while designing your landscape:
• Balance: The area has to be designed in a balanced way according to the needs of the customers. Balancing the area with correct number of trees or with appropriate furniture will avoid wastage of space and ensure effective use of the space available.
• Proportion: The design should look proportionate to make the area look larger than expected. Like for example, if you have a narrow property, color or texture can be used to visually broaden the size.
• Focal point: Focal point indicates the main focus of the landscape which draws most attention. It can be man made like a tower, sundial or a fountain. The focus points make the eye travel the whole garden that keeps the space interesting and produces a sense of calmness.
• Simplicity: Keeping it simple by not conflicting too many colors, textures and masses will bring out the design in a clear way.
• Protection: The landscaped garden should give protection and privacy from the outside world, if the customer wants. Some requirements might be regarding shade from the sun or special railings required to protect your children or pets.
Nowadays there are various landscape gardening ideas in the market. Various tools like color, texture or forms are used to get the desired look. If you want the outdoors to be a part of indoors then you can add a grill, patio furniture and deck to give an extended look of your living room in the outdoors. If your looking for ways to beautify your property then a landscaping pond or designing the landscape around your swimming pool may be perfect. A garden waterfall can make an interesting addition to the garden, no matter how large or small. To add a personal touch to your exterior, a patio swing can also be installed. Preparation is needed for making your garden. Factors like color scheme required, garden budget and maintenance requirements have to be determined.
Landscape gardening can be done in small and a big budget way. By landscape gardening your driveway, the appearance of the front lawn can be changed and made look very attractive. This can be done by adding a fence or having some grasses or even with the help of some flowers, since the front yard gives the first impression of your house. This way you can have an appealing front lawn by adding color, depth and character.
Plant selection plays a major role in designing your garden. Plants and colors bring life to your landscape in a real way. Plant selection depends upon factors like when would they reach maturity, sunlight requirements, insect and disease resistance and soil preference. The selection can be done in a very cost effective way to have your dream come into a reality.